Monday, November 1, 2010

two narrow escapes

An adventurous week lately, involving many trips to the SAO lost-and-found bureau, a madcap taxi chase down to a musty oily jungle (the natural habitat of our beloved Bus ABCs), and one mandatory against-the-clock rush to DBS bank (I reached at 5:03pm).

But to recover my Banana wallet, my lovely vintage 50 cents coin, my ultrashiny 2010-made one dollar coin, and one ugly passport photo I need for my residence permit. Really nice.

And I very nearly found myself flying to Copenhagen alone. With two days in Denmark alone.
Which would be fun : D

backstory:
All because my dad MIA-ed while I'm trying to book air tickets with the Others and he also conveniently decided to apply for MasterCard SecureCode®.
In a span of twenty minutes the airfare hiked from 1.9K to 3K.


Except my dad called me on both the house phone and his cellphone (simultaneously), warning me NEVER, NEVER, NEVER even think of trying that.

Except the alternative was to fork out an extra SGD1100 just so that I could be with the Others. ("If you die, at least SOMEONE would call us!")

Luck's been so bad it's funny. But it also means that I'm using up my bad luck and good things are coming.
May the good things be so : D it's a sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment